[mythtv-users] MythTV and 3D ?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Jan 27 10:24:49 UTC 2012

On 26/01/12 22:45, Mark Kendall wrote:
> On 26 January 2012 22:23, Blammo<blammo.doh at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I'm hoping that 3d awareness/support is planned for MythFrontend at
>> some point, not just for correct playback, but making sure that things
>> like the OSD are placed properly.
>
> I'm hoping to get some basic auto-detection of side-by-side and
> top-and-bottom into 0.25 - but few streams seem to actually implement
> the fairly new standards.
>
> Other than that, you should probably take a look at:-
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/18976c4b137aeeb264e2857ddc4851eef530024e

As a matter of interest, what happens for those of us who either don't have or
don't want 3D TV? There will probably be occasions in the future when all that's
transmitted for a particular program is a 3D option. How will this be displayed
in 2D? Alternate frames? I can't see it being possible to blend the viewpoints.

--

Mike Perkins