[mythtv-users] MythTV and 3D ?

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 10:43:56 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 5:24 AM, Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> As a matter of interest, what happens for those of us who either don't have or
> don't want 3D TV? There will probably be occasions in the future when all that's
> transmitted for a particular program is a 3D option. How will this be displayed
> in 2D? Alternate frames? I can't see it being possible to blend the viewpoints.

I expect the display would show all of the left or right fames (in the
side by side example) and ignore the other half.  The viewpoints are
taken by cameras a few inches apart so which is chosen probably
doesn't matter.

Marks patch mentions this as well:
"user can then select to discard one stereo field (right or top) for
non-3D capable TV sets"

Dave