[mythtv-users] HDHR CC Issues

Mitchell Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 00:06:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Mitchell Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi guys I just got my cable card setup.  Its working 100% ouf the HDHR
>> tools.  But when I configured for MythTV I have issues.
>>
>> When I look at the status page mythtv never actually tells the HDHR to
>> tune the channel.  It just sits on idle.
>>
>> Before getting my CC I was using the tuner as just a basic QAM tuner with
>> no issues.  Now that I have attached a new lineup to the card its like its
>> not requesting the vchannel number.  Any pointers here?
>>

> This is more or less the likely crux of your problem.  Using it as a QAM
> tuner before cries out that the problem is almost definitely some cruft
> left in your DB/video source for this device.  You should clear out your
> card definitions for the Prime and go through the process here, following
> every step very, very carefully.
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime
>
> The biggest keys (for .24) is that your video source is brand new,
> pristine, etc., and that you use a dummy tuner to pull in the lineup.
>
> For master, the steps are much more straightforward.
>
> Robert
>

> Well I deleted my tuners and recreated them.  Remapped the channel lineups
and same result.  I was really hoping to avoid redoing the channel lineup
as I have already spent a lot of time editing chan nums, adding icons,
setting priorities etc.  Can you see anything wrong with these sql dumps:?

Channel Example:
chanid channum freqid sourceid callsign name icon finetune videofilters xmltvid
recpriority contrast brightness colour hue tvformat visible
outputfilters useonairguide
mplexid serviceid tmoffset atsc_major_chan atsc_minor_chan last_record
default_authority
commmethod  8662 62 662 8 FOOD Food Network
/home/mitchell/.mythtv/channels/food_network_us.jp... 0
50747 0 32768 32768 32768 32768 Default 1
0 32767 0 0 662 0 2012-01-26 17:59:39
-1
Also, on the HDHR tuner page I get:

19700101-00:00:31 CableCARD: message: Requested channel is not a
digital channel. Please select a different channel.

I guess at this point ill try and just make a new test lineup...