[mythtv-users] HDHR CC Issues

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 23:29:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 3:09 PM, Mitchell Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys I just got my cable card setup.  Its working 100% ouf the HDHR
> tools.  But when I configured for MythTV I have issues.
>
> When I look at the status page mythtv never actually tells the HDHR to
> tune the channel.  It just sits on idle.
>
> Before getting my CC I was using the tuner as just a basic QAM tuner with
> no issues.  Now that I have attached a new lineup to the card its like its
> not requesting the vchannel number.  Any pointers here?

This is more or less the likely crux of your problem.  Using it as a QAM
tuner before cries out that the problem is almost definitely some cruft
left in your DB/video source for this device.  You should clear out your
card definitions for the Prime and go through the process here, following
every step very, very carefully.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime

The biggest keys (for .24) is that your video source is brand new,
pristine, etc., and that you use a dummy tuner to pull in the lineup.

For master, the steps are much more straightforward.

Roebrt

Robert