[mythtv-users] commflag on master very unreliable any more

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 03:54:53 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 8:15 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On 12-01-24 06:37 AM, Kevin Ross wrote:
>>

>> Does your source tree have the patch in ticket #9997 applied to it?
>
> It should, yeah.  The #9997 fix went in October 09, 2011 and the
> checkout I am running, 074d3e2 was as of December 15, 2011.
>
> Anyone have any other ideas what might be going wrong here?
>
> I've tried all of the suggestions and still, commercial flagging is
> quite inaccurate for digital recordings but quite accurate for analog
> recordings.
>
> I'm willing to believe there is something wrong with the digital
> recordings from this cableco, but we should at least understand what the
> problem is and try to work around it, no?
>
> Although, ultimately, these recordings playback (visually, and
> audioally) just fine and if my eyes can see the blank frames delineating
> commercials, the decoding libraries should be able to also.
>
> Happy to gather more debug or information if anyone wants any.

Very wild guess:  Do your digital stations change the stream type in
the middle of the show?  In other words, are some of your commercials
at a different resolution, or are they interlaced while the main
program is not, or do they use a different number of audio channels (2
instead of 5.1)?  My guess is that something is causing the frame
count to get screwed up, and thus confusing the processing.

I honestly don't know what I am talking about, that is why I am
calling it a very wild guess.

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.