[mythtv-users] commflag on master very unreliable any more

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Jan 25 03:15:08 UTC 2012

On 12-01-24 06:37 AM, Kevin Ross wrote:

> Does your source tree have the patch in ticket #9997 applied to it?

It should, yeah.  The #9997 fix went in October 09, 2011 and the
checkout I am running, 074d3e2 was as of December 15, 2011.

Anyone have any other ideas what might be going wrong here?

I've tried all of the suggestions and still, commercial flagging is
quite inaccurate for digital recordings but quite accurate for analog
recordings.

I'm willing to believe there is something wrong with the digital
recordings from this cableco, but we should at least understand what the
problem is and try to work around it, no?

Although, ultimately, these recordings playback (visually, and
audioally) just fine and if my eyes can see the blank frames delineating
commercials, the decoding libraries should be able to also.

Happy to gather more debug or information if anyone wants any.

Cheers,
b.