[mythtv-users] Streaming to Android with PS3 Media Server

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Tue Jan 24 12:43:13 UTC 2012

Op 24-1-2012 12:33, Phill Edwards schreef:
>> I also use plex and am happy with it... Although I have to restart the
>> server side every now and again.
>> Nice thing about plex is that it retrieves metadata from the internet and
>> has a very nice display.
> What's the plex app like? Does it allow you to skip forwards and
> backwards? One of the problems with the AirPlay solution is that there
> is only one player (Mirage) and you can't skip forwards/backwards.

I'm using plex as well for my video-collection and skipping works,
depending on the source and destination-device it can take a little
while to catch up with transcoding. Locally via WIFI and and Xeon 1260L
it never takes more than 5-6 seconds for a 1080p MKV to a tegra2 tablet.
Externally it takes a bit longer depending on the downstream of the
internet I use there(got 35Mbit symmetric).