[mythtv-users] unable to connect to backend on localhost

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Mon Jan 23 16:48:24 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> If it does, and it seems to be the reason behind the Trac ticket(s) for
> CentOS, please update the tickets saying that it was a firewall problem
> so we can close them.  Sounds like this could be the cause of #10265.

Please don't close #10265. I'm seeing this on a single box that runs
both the backend and the frontend, no firewall involved. In fact, for
testing purposes I've even disabled iptables completely. The backtrace
on #10265 shows that the hang is occurring when reading the dbus
socket.

- Ken