[mythtv-users] commflag on master very unreliable any more

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jan 23 14:52:19 UTC 2012

On 12-01-23 08:18 AM, Bruce Taber wrote:

> Okay, but it's only orthogonal because I didn't include repair.

No, it's orthogonal because I have examined what is being written into
the database and verified that against the recording that I have and can
plainly see that the frames at which the tables suggest there are
commercial start/stop points there are not in fact commercials in the
recording.

> What I
> should have written is repair, optimize and check the mythconverg
> tables.

> That is what the optimize_mythdb.pl script does. The point is,
> the script failed to run unbeknownst to me for quite some time due to
> the ongoing Perl error.

That's fine.  But please start a new thread about that instead of
hijacking this thread and diluting the subject of the issue at hand.

> Commercial flagging mostly works on my system which is at:
> v0.25pre-4107-gc75c3c1 currently. Those recordings are all digital.

That's a good data point.  Thanks.  Looking at commits in the
mythcommflag portion of the source tree though suggests that not much
has happened with/to it for a few months though so I tend to feel that
it's not an issue which has been fixed more recently than my
installation here.

b.