[mythtv-users] commflag on master very unreliable any more

Bruce Taber b.taber at comcast.net
Mon Jan 23 13:18:28 UTC 2012

On 01/23/2012 07:49 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> This is completely orthogonal to the issue I have reported.  Unoptimized
> tables are just that, not-optimal.  The problem I am reporting is that
> the data that's in them is completely wrong (not just not-optimal) and
> that's because the data that's being put into them is completely wrong.
>   Mythcommflag is simply failing to find and/or insert the proper breaks
> into the database.
Okay, but it's only orthogonal because I didn't include repair. What I
should have written is repair, optimize and check the mythconverg
tables. That is what the optimize_mythdb.pl script does. The point is,
the script failed to run unbeknownst to me for quite some time due to
the ongoing Perl error. Several of the tables had gotten out of whack
over that time. Once I saw the issue and did a manual repair things were
better.

Commercial flagging mostly works on my system which is at:
v0.25pre-4107-gc75c3c1 currently. Those recordings are all digital.

Bruce