[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.24.1, DVB-C and Kabel Deutschland: no EIT

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Mon Jan 23 07:28:46 UTC 2012

Hi Ditmar,

sorry it took me so long to get back to this

> Next I deleted the channels and did another full scan tuned. After that I
> added the networkid 61441 (previous: NULL) for Kabel Deutschland (KDG) in the
> table dtv_multiplex. The transport id was already populated by the scan and
> seems to be correct but still no EPG.
> Then I filled the (before: empty) sistandard in the same table with "dvb" and
> after that watching TV was no longer possible (black screen) and of course
> still no EIT. So I changed this back to empty. All other values in the table
> had been populated by importing channels.conf or the tuned scan.
> In the attachment there's my dtv_multiplex table - the first 6 colums belong
> to dvb-t and the following 10 are for dvb-c.
> Any suggestions to get the EPG to work would be greatly appreciated.

In your screenshot you have added the KDG original_network_id to one of
the Astra multiplexes... the correct original_network_id for these
transports would be 1. (appears to apply to all public TV transports
for KDG in munich according to a scan from vdr-wiki.de)

does the EIT work for private stations? (the data should be correct for
them)

Regards,
Karl

PS: its possible that KDG will move from the Astra feed to the special
DVB-S uplink feeds from ARD/ZDF then its yet another
original_network_id :)