[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.24.1, DVB-C and Kabel Deutschland: no EIT

Ditmar Unger ditmar at d-unger.de
Thu Jan 19 21:25:58 UTC 2012

I use a DVB-T (Nova-T 500) (works fine) and a DVB-C (budget 1501) card with
mythtv 0.24.1.
Channel scan for dvb-c worked only in this way (internal scanner: no channels
at all):
1) scan .../dvb-c/de-Muenchen (file not part of mythtv) > channels.conf
2) importing channels.conf in myth.
Watching TV via dvb-c then works fine but EIT is not delivered (known bug).
Next I deleted the channels and did another full scan tuned. After that I
added the networkid 61441 (previous: NULL) for Kabel Deutschland (KDG) in the
table dtv_multiplex. The transport id was already populated by the scan and
seems to be correct but still no EPG.
Then I filled the (before: empty) sistandard in the same table with "dvb" and
after that watching TV was no longer possible (black screen) and of course
still no EIT. So I changed this back to empty. All other values in the table
had been populated by importing channels.conf or the tuned scan.
In the attachment there's my dtv_multiplex table - the first 6 colums belong
to dvb-t and the following 10 are for dvb-c.
Any suggestions to get the EPG to work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Ditmar.