[mythtv-users] Quick question re: Hardware.

Andrew Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Sat Jan 21 21:18:36 UTC 2012

I'm in the process of replacing one of my ION front ends, well, its not
actually being replaced, just demoted to the guest room as I can't
figure what else I can do with an ion board.

In any case, I'd just like some feedback on my planned hardware:
Case: Moneual 320B -
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811280021
MB:   Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 -
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128495
CPU:  Intel i3-2120T -
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115094
GPU: Gigabyte GV-N430OC-1GL -
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125346
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2x2Gb) -
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231439
PSU:  OCZ ModXStream 500W -
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341016
HD:   OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-120G SSD -
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227706

I should probably note here that I already have the SSD/PSU/Ram so I'll
just be reusing them.

I haven't decided on the CPU cooler at this point, can't determine how
much room I'll have in the low profile case.  Its not that I'm looking
for anything absolutely quiet, just low (or very low) ambient noise.

Just to put it out there, power savings is not one of primary concerns,
not that I want to waste power either.

Anyone have any obvious concerns with these choices?

Thanks,

Andrew.