[mythtv-users] Weird lirc problems

Ivo [Bear] Hanuska ihanuska at ip-sec.cz
Fri Jan 20 14:58:34 UTC 2012

Halo everyone,

I have a strange problems of one of my new frontends. Unit is MSI
MediaLife unit, running last version of Open SuSE - 12.1. On the unit,
there is installed Mythfrontend v. 0.24.1 from package and lirc 0.20.0.

Since I installed it, I am fighting with erratic behavior of remote
control - Philips MCE, connected via USB receiver (for Windows MCE). I
am running mceusb module. Problem is, that arrows are somehow connected
to keyboard arrows, so, when I press any of arrow buttons on remote
controll, mythfronend uses the arrow many times. On the lircrc file, for
all arrow buttons, repeat is set to 1. It seems, thet Mythfronend is not
the onlyone, which listens remote. It leems, like Linux thinks, that
remote arrows are as well arrows of the standard keyboard, where I can
not set repeat to 0.

Maybe someone heard, how to disable IR controller arrows (so they are
not beeing used by OS), or somehow set them not to use repeat.

Can someone help. or let me know, where to find some sort of "howto
document" to handle this peculiar problem?

Thank you!

Ivo