[mythtv-users] Hardware and software battles

Jeffrey Preston jpreston at longlines.com
Thu Jan 19 19:33:13 UTC 2012

Version 0.24.1-27 maybe worth a shot then.  I cannot recall the exact build
of the version I last tested on the 0.24.1 branch.  I guess I should take
better notes.  Worst case scenario, if PVR-500's work, and my PVR-150's will
not, I go begging to the wife for permission to by a few of them off of
eBay.  Any tricks to setting them (PVR-500's) up, or are then literally like
two 150's as far as MythTV is concerned? What is your configuration like
(other tuners, hardware, etc.)?  Can you run liveTV and hop to another
analog tuner without issues?  I assume you can channel change in LiveTV mode
with the one half of your PVR-500 that is working???  But then my issue only
comes when I switch to my second PVR-150, so hmmm....

I believe development of the driver for the analog side of the HVR-2250 is
lagging behind the digital.  With all the attention going to digital tuners,
we will be lucky if anything is ever done with it.  I know we should not be
complaining about what is essentially free software, but there has to be a
developer somewhere that still needs to tune analog stations - right?  I
contacted my cable company and they have no plans right now to stop
transmitting analog cable any time soon.  They have too many customers that
would not want to bother with an external box, and would be beating down
their door if they switched the SD channels to digital.