[mythtv-users] Manual mythconverg_backup.pl run goes to dir in backuprc, cron run doesn't

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 19:55:42 UTC 2012

Scratching my head here. Was looking at my files and noticed that my
database appeared not be be backed up in months despite there being a
daily run in my cron.

I ran mythconverg_backup.pl manually and the new file did show up on
the drive specified in backuprc.

I did a "locate" and found out that my backups were indeed happening
daily, but not at the location specified in backuprc which is
"DBBackupDirectory=/storage1/mythbackups".

Instead they were going to: /var/lib/mythtv/db_backups

Why would they be going there instead of the location I specified? And
why would they go to the backuprc location when I run manually and not
when cron runs it?