[mythtv-users] Streaming to Android with PS3 Media Server

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 03:53:11 UTC 2012

> If you are running a Linux server with an Android phone, AirVideo does
> not make much sense.  Why not run a native server and Android client?

The thing that put me off it was this on their homepage: "Pre-encode
and download videos to device for offline viewing". What I'm trying to
achieve here is to have a solution that transcodes recordings on the
fly as they're being streamed to the client - this statement gave me
the impression that it does pre-encoding which I took to be different
to encoding on the fly. Air Video does transcoding on the fly - do you
know if Emit does?