[mythtv-users] Streaming to Android with PS3 Media Server

Brian Fischer brianafischer at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 03:48:01 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> FWIW, switching this to a cron job for mythlink running every day (to
> clean out garbage) and a MythTV System Event would mean recordings and
> Live TV would become available as soon as they start, instead of once
> per hour...
>
> See:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythlink.pl#Using_with_MythTV_System_Events
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_System_Events
>
> Mike

Thanks Mike, I will check this out soon!

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I use an app called AirVideo on the iPod iTouch to do this. You have to install a server component on your pc that does the live transcoding before
> > streaming it to the iTouch. If this is available on android I'd recommend trying it because it works very well.
> >
> > Other wise a quick google for "AirVideo andriod" throws up https://www.emitapp.com/ which claims to do the same.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions everybody. Here's an update of where I've
> got to with this.
>
> I decided to give Air Video a try as I'd heard of it before and it
> gets very good feedback in iPhone-land. There is a version for Linux
> but it's in alpha (the main versions are for Mac or Windows).

If you are running a Linux server with an Android phone, AirVideo does
not make much sense.  Why not run a native server and Android client?

Emit doesn't have any of those limitations.  It took me 10 minutes to setup.

-Brian