[mythtv-users] Ubuntu TV

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Wed Jan 11 18:01:07 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Neil Cooper <neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Touchscreens need a layer of not-quite-visually-invisible sensor over the screen
> which degreades the picture quality greatly.

Somewhat, but not greatly.  My 800x480 4" cell phone touch screen can
appear to have a much sharper image than my 1920x1080 52" non-touch
screen, so having touch certainly isn't a deal breaker.

> As also does all the greasy fingermarks that we as humans can't help but leave
> on touchscreens.

Meh.  The three little humans who live in my house have already
covered the non-touchscreens with greasy fingermarks anyway, so this
doesn't seem like a big difference.

Eric