[mythtv-users] Ubuntu TV

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Jan 10 22:07:02 UTC 2012

On 12-01-10 04:52 PM, Matt Emmott wrote:

> Nice to see that they're making it touchscreen-compatible. I built an HTPC
> a couple years ago with a Dell all-in-one touchscreen system and it worked
> fairly well, but not having a "back" on-screen button in Myth or XBMC made
> it a little cumbersome.

A touchscreen television?  Didn't the concept of having to go to the
television to select something go away with the remote control?

How does a remote control map to a touch interface?  The best I can
think of would be a Wii type interface were the remote moves a finger
around the screen touching things.  Very cumbersome.

Another place where they are trying to ram a "touchscreen" interface in
where it doesn't belong -- just like they are doing with on traditional
keyboard-and-mouse platforms.

Unity is horrible on a computer with a mouse and keyboard.

b.