[mythtv-users] Is interleaving memory still the best bet for an Atom?

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Tue Jan 10 21:53:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 01:22:40PM -0800, Scott Smith wrote:

> No need to be sarcastic ;-)

No need to top post either ;-) (Sarcasm, it's not just for breakfast anymore)

> Maybe the difference is ION+Optimus. Vpdau needs direct access in order to work. In this case the nvidia gpu draws to the intel framebuffer. There was one hack ive come across but it was not trivial as installing the nvidia driver.

All the ION2 systems I've worked with were Atom based, and it was just as
simple as installing the Nvidia driver.  Either that, or the puny Atom
processor handles 1080p and 720p video playback from mkv unassisted.

What specific hardware are you having a problem with?

Pat

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
ne4po (at) arrl (dot) net         Amateur Radio: NE4PO

What kind of change have you been in the world today?