[mythtv-users] Showing Episode number in Theme?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Mon Jan 9 20:16:04 UTC 2012

>> If you are feeling adventurous you can take a peek at the upcoming development and http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Enhancing_Recordings_with_Metadata_Lookup
>> Notice that the development version might be broken at times. So you have to follow the development list and commits closely.
>
> I am on trunk.
>
> Just so we are talking about the same thing ( I am not sure I explained it right), here is a screenshot of mythweb:
> http://i44.tinypic.com/fu58bp.jpg

> That's the data (Episode Number) that I would somehow be able to see in the overview in mythfrontend (heck, being able to sort on it would be even better :) )

Ok, you are talking about the opaque string "episode id" that happens to
contain the numbers you are looking for because its generated from them.
(think of the string as "whatever the station calls that episode")

What you are looking for is the attributed "season/series number" and
"episode number" that come from the metadata grabbers.
(think of it as the "agreed upon true order" of episodes)

see http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Enhancing_Recordings_with_Metadata_Lookup
it explain how to enable the data collection

Regards,
Karl