[mythtv-users] warning for anyone with western digital green drives

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 13:54:13 UTC 2012

Hmmm... I am aware of the high load count values on these drives.

Does anyone have actual data showing a correlation between a high load count and early drive failure?

Or, is this just folks panicking about a "high" number reported on their drives?

Yes, I realise this is a mechanical device, less work should mean longer life, but is there proof that this load count causes early failures?

Craig