[mythtv-users] Same program with different program IDs

Paul Warren pdw at ex-parrot.com
Sun Jan 8 19:49:34 UTC 2012

On 07/01/2012 22:13, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/07/2012 03:43 PM, Paul Warren wrote:
>> My MythTV setup has both a DVB-T tuner (getting UK Freeview) and a
>> DVB-S/DVB-S2 tuner (getting FreeSat).
>>
>> I'm using the Radio Times XMLTV grabber for listings.  Everything mostly
>> works, except that I'm seeing two different styles of program IDs with
>> the result that MythTV will frequently try to record two showings of the
>> same program.  For example:
>>
>> +----------+--------+----------+---------------------+---------------------+
>> | sourceid | chanid | title    | subtitle            | programid           |
>> +----------+--------+----------+---------------------+---------------------+
>> |        4 |   9941 | Casualty | Duty of Care        | EP14545898517q      |
>> |        4 |  13356 | Casualty | Duty of Care        | EP14545898517q      |
>> |        3 |   3001 | Casualty | Duty of Care        | fp.bbc.co.uk/1ftwld |

[...]

>> Can anyone explain the two different formats of program ID?  Is one
>> coming from the EIT listings?
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to fix this so that the same program always gets
>> the same ID?
>
> Any MythTV-generated programid created from EIT data will include the
> default_authority (fp.bbc.co.uk/).
>
> Note that MythTV does not support the use of EIT and XMLTV (or EIT and
> Schedules Direct) on the same channel.  Therefore, you need to disable
> EIT if you want to continue using RT.

Thank you for the reply.

If this is the case, then what is the purpose of the "Perform EIT scan"
option when setting up an XMLTV source?  I've now disabled it to see if
that fixes the problem.

I'm interested in how often MythTV obtains listings data via EIT - is it
more often than just when running mythfilldatabase?  I wondering if I'm
more likely to pick up last minute schedule changes if I use EIT rather
than XMLTV.

thanks,

Paul