[mythtv-users] Updated ceton patch for 0.24

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sun Jan 8 14:26:17 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> the differences between the patch for mythbuntu and the patch
> for plain 0.24?

The main patch is a patch that applies cleanly against the git
0.24-fixes branch. Mythbuntu (at least in 11.04...I haven't worked
with 11.10 yet) has slightly different values in the "configure" file,
referencing v4l2 instead of v4l, so the mythbuntu patch takes that
into account. While I suspect the patch application could figure out
how to apply the mythbuntu patch against 0.24-fixes using it's
heuristics (fuzz), you can't to the opposite and apply the 0.24-fixes
patch in mythbuntu because the mythbuntu build process does not permit
any fuzz when applying patches (it will abort instead).

--
Ron Frazier