[mythtv-users] i2c errors (revisited)

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Sun Jan 8 11:24:04 UTC 2012

Hi List

I'm getting the following in syslog:

	DiB0070 I2C write failed
and
	cxd2820r: i2c wr failed ret:-110 reg:00 len:1
	cxd2820r: i2c rd failed ret:-110 reg:10 len:1

Initially, I only had the top message. I checked all my tuners had a
tuning delay (one didn't), and I stopped active EIT scan on all of them.
That stopped the first message above, but I now intermittently get the
second two. In either case, any recordings after the message are zero bytes
in length. Rebooting the backend fixes the problem.

Backend details:
 - Debian v6.0.3 ("Squeeze")
 - Debian multimedia repository
 - Myth version 0.24.1+fixes20111029f (as packaged by repository)
 - Kernel: 2.6.32-5-686-bigmem
 - Tuners: 2 x Hauppauge Nova-T Stick (USB) and 1 x PCTV Nanostick 290e
   (also USB)
 - Firmware for the Nova: dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw; v4l drivers from 30 Nov
   fro the 290e
 - no module load parameters specified
 - tuning delay 250mS for each tuner

Given the impact of this problem (recordings stop), I'm keen to try to
resolve this. All suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
Keith
--
"You can have everything in life you want if you help enough other people
get what they want" - Zig Ziglar.

Who did you help today?