[mythtv-users] how long are the development cycles?

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Sun Jan 8 03:50:13 UTC 2012

hi,
I see the code changes are still being made to MythTV (0.25) but I'm asking why is there
such a long development cycle?
am I wrong in thinking there was some suggestion about a year or two ago to reduce these
to something like twice a year or so?

Now I don't want to start a flame ware but it seems to me a year is a very long time
between releases given the amount of changes being made.

Is there some target or time frame that people are working too, or is it wait and see ?
and no I don't really understand its finished when its finished mentality
I don't want to make this a totally negative post but I hope more frequent releases would
show people that this project is alive and active, right?

So I'm really looking forward to the Web based setup and also the new MythVideo
integration particularly the helper app to repopulate the videos in background. Although
I'm not sure if will integrate the videos into the Watch Recordings screen?

anyway thanks looking forward to 0.25

thanks