[mythtv-users] Further Q on multiple tuners!

Chris Lewis chrislewis915 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 17:13:50 UTC 2012

OK i think i have finally got the mailing list sending me stuff!  I'm still
not sure how to reply to my old thread to am starting a new one
here with what i hope are the right questions this time!

OK my current setup now has a Nova TD500 dual DVB-T and a TeVii S480 dual
DVB-S2.

I have got two video sources set up (called freeview and satellite) which
are allocated to the relevant tuners and full channels scans performed (FTA
only on the satellite stuff)

OK now take BBC1 as an example.  I have got a number of options watching
BBC1 now. They are BBC1 HD and a multitude of BBC1 SD channels on the
satellite tuners, and BBC1 also on DVB-T.  So obviously where available i
would like to record the HD channel if possible so i have set a priority of
9 in the Recording Priorities.

The trouble is that the episode descriptions for the BBC1 HD, BBC1 sat and
BBC1 freeview are slightly different so a rule to record eastenders (any
time any channel) gives me 3 copies of each episode!

How do i tell mythtv that these are all in fact the same channel and also I
would much prefer the EPG to only include one entry for BBC1 and to
automatically select the best option when recording.  I dont really use
Myth for live viewing but if i did then is it possible to set live tv to
always tune HD if available?

I'm sure there will be more questions to come but i think you get the idea!

Cheers

Chris