[mythtv-users] Two issues after upgrading to Ubuntu 11.10

Jan Johansson j2 at mupp.net
Fri Jan 6 11:08:27 UTC 2012

Right, I lifted my Mythbox from 10.4 -> 11.10. (Running a trunk that's a cpl of months old)

I found the solution to the top menubar. I got my video card working again, and all the other little things. But two things stump me after a few hours of searching:

1. Screensaver kicks in even when mythfrontend is playing, and I cannot figure out how to prevent that. I do not want to completely disable it, because I like having my TV go to sleep when not actually in use.

2. My mceusb remote. I have seen countless discussion about how lirc is not supported with 3.0 kernels and various workarounds. I still can't get it to jive. I get my keypresses displayed nicely when using irw (didn't change anything thought the upgrade) but I can't find what's needed to get Mythfrontend to pick up the commands.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.