[mythtv-users] DLNA server? Anyone?

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 22:25:14 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Patrick Ouellette <pat at flying-gecko.net>wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 02:31:54PM -0600, Jeremy Jones wrote:
> > Samsung Captivate is an android phone.  The reason I can't play anything
> > (and probably you too) is the video size/type.  I just listed that in
> case
> > it triggered something for the poster that was having issue with
> > a Samsung TV.  "Allshare" is a Samsung app.  It may be on the TV.  I
> don't
> > really know.  I know that with it my captivate can 'see' the mythbackend
> > and stream audio, view photos, and presumably video if I had any
> > device-compatible video in myth.
> >

> I had a Captivate, and upgraded to a Galaxy S II.  Both have the Allshare
> app.  In both cases it is the video and audio encoding that prevent a
> specific file from being viewable on the phone from the Myth backend.
> You can get it to work, but not with native (untranscoded) Myth files, even
> though the phone may play the file fine if you copy it to the phone instead
> of trying to stream it.
>
> Pat
>
> That is correct, and is also true of other hardware players such as tv's
and Blu Ray players.  This may be ahurdle for the OP to overcome as well,
but for now I think that the he is/was having trouble getting his samsung
TV to connect to the MythBackend.  I would have thought that the samsung TV
would have connected fine based on the captivate as well as other posts
I've seen on samsung products.  That is why I mentioned the "All Share"
App. I would think that app would be included (in some form) on his TV as
well.

Jeremy