[mythtv-users] DLNA server? Anyone?

Patrick Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Thu Jan 5 22:12:16 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 02:31:54PM -0600, Jeremy Jones wrote:
> Samsung Captivate is an android phone.  The reason I can't play anything
> (and probably you too) is the video size/type.  I just listed that in case
> it triggered something for the poster that was having issue with
> a Samsung TV.  "Allshare" is a Samsung app.  It may be on the TV.  I don't
> really know.  I know that with it my captivate can 'see' the mythbackend
> and stream audio, view photos, and presumably video if I had any
> device-compatible video in myth.

I had a Captivate, and upgraded to a Galaxy S II.  Both have the Allshare
app.  In both cases it is the video and audio encoding that prevent a
specific file from being viewable on the phone from the Myth backend.
You can get it to work, but not with native (untranscoded) Myth files, even
though the phone may play the file fine if you copy it to the phone instead
of trying to stream it.

Pat

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
ne4po (at) arrl (dot) net         Amateur Radio: NE4PO

What kind of change have you been in the world today?