[mythtv-users] DLNA server? Anyone?

chrisham chrisham at arcor.de
Thu Jan 5 21:19:26 UTC 2012

On 05.01.2012 21:53, Rob wrote:

[...]
> I have Serviio (http://www.serviio.org/) talking to our D5700, showing
> the file names of the /mythtv/recordings (yuch), and with "transpose"
> disabled, the mpg files play perfectly on my (European) D5700. If only
> Mythtv was recognized directly :-(.

One thing that could (slightly) improve usability of this approach:

I put the line

/<path to>/mythlink.pl --dest /<shared path>

into the cron job I use to do daily mantenance on my MythTV database.

This creates links with human-readable names for your recordings, so you
can at least recognize them by name.

Just do a '/<path to>/mythlink.pl --help' to get usage info.

Greetings,

	-chrisham