[mythtv-users] DLNA server? Anyone?

Rob rob.on.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 20:53:43 UTC 2012

http://www.samsung.com/global/allshare/pcsw/

> AllShare is Samsung’s content sharing service that allows you to
> search for and play video, photo, and music files
> freely across many devices that support AllShare services, such as PC,
> TV, mobile phone, and digital camera. You
> can do this either wirelessly or with a cable.

On the TV set this is represented as an app that provides you with a
DLNA browser. They also have a Windows application that shares and plays
contents. No Linux version. However, it is an implementation of DLNA,
allegedly with quirks and incompatibilities (at least in de older TVs)...

I have Serviio (http://www.serviio.org/) talking to our D5700, showing
the file names of the /mythtv/recordings (yuch), and with "transpose"
disabled, the mpg files play perfectly on my (European) D5700. If only
Mythtv was recognized directly :-(.