[mythtv-users] DLNA server? Anyone?

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 20:31:54 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:26 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 01:46:03PM -0600, Jeremy Jones wrote:

> client
> > > on
> DLNA
> > >
> > > Hi Rob,
> > >
> > > thanks for pointing out those two 'success stories' using MythTV as a
> > > DLNA server and a Philips device as a DLNA client.
> > >
> > > I just started a thread over at the Philips support forum because my
> new
> > > 42PFL7606 most decidedly *doesn't* work together with MythTV.
> > >
> > > I can see the server, I can browse pictures and Videos, but as soon as
> > > try to browse recordings, the TV crashes.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with Samsung TVs.
> > >
> > > Greetings,
> > >
> > >        -chrisham
> >

> > I have a samsung captivate which will connect to mythtv's UPnP server via
> > the program "allshare".  I assume that this program would be available in
> > some form on their larger products, and *should* work the same.
>
>    I have something like that for my Android phone. It allows me to connect
> the phone to the backend just fine. I can browse stuff quite nicely. I just
> can't play anything.

Samsung Captivate is an android phone.  The reason I can't play anything
(and probably you too) is the video size/type.  I just listed that in case
it triggered something for the poster that was having issue with
a Samsung TV.  "Allshare" is a Samsung app.  It may be on the TV.  I don't
really know.  I know that with it my captivate can 'see' the mythbackend
and stream audio, view photos, and presumably video if I had any
device-compatible video in myth.

Jeremy

Jeremy