[mythtv-users] BEst way to sort satellite channnles in UK

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 19:52:42 UTC 2012

On Jan 5, 2012 7:42 PM, "Chris Lewis" <chrislewis915 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> My Tevii S480 dual  DVB-S2 card is sat at the local couriers waiting for
me to collect it tomorrow.  I know already that when i scan for channels
with it, that hundreds of FTA channels will be found.

> What is the best way of sorting the channels so i get my local ITV in
channel 3, the correct BBC region etc etc.  I've only ever used DVB-T
before which obviously doesnt have this problem!

> Also I'm new to mailing lists lol I posted about transcoding a few days
ago but never received any replies despite being able to see them on
gossamer threads?  Whats the best way of working this thing so i can see
the replies and quote etc where required.

> Cheers
>
> Chris

Have a look at this link:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UK_Channel_Assignments