[mythtv-users] How to get mythtv-buildrebuild.py to work with MythWeb? ; WAS: GetPreviewImage is checking for recording at wrong start time

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 19:12:50 UTC 2012

On 1/5/12 10:50 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> That's more or less correct.  Considering MythWeb is in its own
> repository, and runs uncompiled directly out of its own repository, I
> never saw much purpose to a MythWeb ebuild.  Personally, I just have a
> checkout in my webroot, and an update is just a 'git pull' away.
> Every so slightly more effort than were it lumped into an 'emerge -uD
> world'.  On that note, the only reason media-tv/mythtv-bindings exists
> is to grab the PHP bindings for MythWeb.

At least I know I'm not completely crazy then.  I guess I'll have to
setup a git pull for it.  Do we already have a wiki for this or should I
contribute one?

> I do have a rewritten and expanded version of the updater that should
> work for MythWeb and nuvexport, but it's more buggy and mess than I
> want to commit, and both of those repos will need some additional
> tagging before the support actually works.

Anytime you want a guinea pig, here's one Gentoo user that will debug
for you.

>> Further, if you want more up to date mythweb from the existing ebuild
>> files, users of master are expected to simply edit the hash in the
>> ebuild and voila, it's up to date.
>
> The media-tv/mythtv ebuild is the only one that actually uses the
> VERSION and BRANCH tags.  Everything else only uses REV and SREV.  REV
> is simple enough and is used to select the package for downloading.
> SREV is required to set the path to the source inside the package, and
> except for very rare circumstances, will be the first seven characters
> of the hash.  On very rare circumstances, it will include an eighth to
> prevent a collision.  Just change those two values, rename the file to
> whatever you want, and digest it.  Portage will take care of the rest.
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.  I did notice the VERSION/BRANCH tags
difference you mentioned but I wasn't sure why it was differing from the
main mythtv ebuilds.

-JK