[mythtv-users] OT - Some recent Hostility toward the Developers

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Jan 5 16:20:29 UTC 2012

On 1/5/2012 10:54, Tyler T wrote:
>> I've noticed a
>> lot more hostility in the last several weeks (especially from users toward
>> the developers).
> Funny, I thought it was the other way around. You must not have read
> any of the ARM threads. ;)

Now that's just not true.  The ARM does what it was designed to do
well.  It was just not designed for the kind of expandability a new user
asking for hardware suggestions needs in order to "feel things out", or
the kind of power a typical or large MythTV setup needs to handle its
time-sensitive tasks.  For tasks where the requirements are limited, and
well defined in advance, it's a great little chip.

Now the hostility in the Atom threads....