[mythtv-users] Myth Transcode error status 0

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Jan 5 14:21:16 UTC 2012

On 01/05/2012 01:07 PM, Science Technician wrote:
> bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of John Pilkington
>>
>> Hi:  You don't say what flavours of Linux and MythTV you're running or
>> what programme source you are using.
>
>   No sorry really should have done.
>
> I am running MythDora 12.23
>
>   I would have really liked to have built from scratch as that would
> have given me the experience I need to do a lot more problem solving for
> myself. Unfortunately the system was built for my work place and I am
> managing it in my spare time so I don't have the tinker time I would
> like.
>
>> I would guess Freeview.
>
>   That is correct.
>
>> Mythtranscode has a long history of problems with a few of these
>> recordings.  It's my understanding that they usually arise when the
>> visually-impaired audio stream stops or starts at programme
>> transitions.
>>    The best solution I have found is here:  I use it all the time.
>>
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcutprojectx
>
>   Thanks for that. Having read the page is my understanding correct that
> this is effectively a replacement for MYthTranscode and you will end up with a user job
> to use in place of the transcode Job?

It does the same job but is run from a terminal; you have to specify the
filename of the recording.  I still haven't fitted it into the
Mythtranscode stub that's also on the wiki.  I reckon the benefit would
be minimal anyway, if you're setting the cutpoints manually.

>> To use this you need to download the script and Project-X and build
>> that using the java development tool:  it's all quite straightforward
>> but probably looks daunting at first.  Contact me off-list if you like.

I have java-1.6.0-openjdk and java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel in Fedora 15, and
similar in SL6 and CentOS 5; don't know what's available for Mythdora
12.23.  Also uses mplex from the mjpegtools package, but you probably
have that.

Use ./build.sh from the unpacked Project-X folder.  You'll need to set
it executable first.