[mythtv-users] mythpreviewgen using 100% cpu

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 09:25:07 UTC 2012

2011/12/3 Greg Grotsky <spikeygg.mythbox at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 6:35 AM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hello again, is possible to add this problem to the bug tracker?
>>
>> I never open a ticket. I am using debian-multimedia repository version
>> (stable), I try the latest Ubuntu version and same problem on LiveTV.
>>

> Feel free to add one, I didn't want to open a ticket because I haven't
been
> able to find a "cause pattern" with my system like you have with yours.
 It
> happens occasionally but I can't figure out the trigger.

Hello, I had same problem just on LiveTV. Every time I have a program
change I have a mythpreviewgen program with 100% CPU, here are two program
guide changes logs:

1. Program guide change on 2012-01-04 22:40:00 (first 10 seconds):

  - frontend log:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/previewgen/mythfrontend_previewgen1

  - backend log:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/previewgen/mythbackend_previewgen1

2. Program guide change on 2012-01-04 22:45:00 (first 10 seconds):

  - frontend log:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/previewgen/mythfrontend_previewgen2

  - backend log:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/previewgen/mythbackend_previewgen2

On both cases the playback stops (with pixeled images) 1-2 seconds and then
continue playing the LiveTV.

I don't know what exactly does the mythpreviewgen program, I test the
debian-multimedia repository stable version, mythbuntu latest 0.24-fixes
and mythbuntu 0.25 versions, on all of them with same problem.

Maybe is related to the sql connection or harddisk I/O, but I don't know
how to test it.

I will appreciate any help, thanks and best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano