[mythtv-users] Customize channel priorities per tuner?

Jay Foster jayf0ster at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 3 15:38:15 UTC 2012

On 1/2/2012 5:20 PM, "Michael T. Dean"<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 12/31/2011 10:59 AM, Marc Sherman wrote:
>> >  I currently have two tuners fed from a single antenna with a splitter,
>> >  and the antenna is pointed right between two clusters of broadcasters in
>> >  my area. I'm thinking of buying a second antenna, one for each tuner,
>> >  and pointing the antennas in different directions towards the two clusters.
>> >
>> >  Is it possible to adjust priorities for channels separately for each
>> >  tuner? Some local channels with strong signals could be received from
>> >  either antenna direction (but possibly better on one of them), while
>> >  others would only be good on one tuner or the other.
>> >
> Only with 2 separate MythTV video sources (even if they have the same
> channels).
>
> Make sure you don't increase priority of good channels, but you decrease
> priority of bad channels.  See
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-12.html
>
> Mike

I have a similar situation with 3 HDHRs connected to 2 antennas.  I
connected 3 tuners to each antenna and assigned each tuner to it's own
input.  I could have just used two inputs, one for each antenna, but I
found it simpler to associate each tuner with it's own input.  I then
only include those channels that can be reliably received for each input
(tuner).  I have had no need to adjust input/tuner priorities and just
let the scheduler do its thing.

Jay