[mythtv-users] Easier way to reset live tv start channel?

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Mon Jan 2 18:52:54 UTC 2012

>Again, the whole thing is broken if a user has to know any "This is what
>you do when it doesn't work" procedures...  It should just work--and if
>the channel is gone, let them go to a working channel (or even just have
>it automatically choose another channel to try or whatever you Live TV
>users think would be best).

>Mike

Personally I'd like to see it just pop up the "Should have obtained a lock
by now..." message (Perhaps reworded to "Unable to tune this channel at this
time, please select a different channel.") and then open the guide to allow
the user to scroll to and select an alternate channel when they click OK to
the message.  This bring up an interesting "I wonder what would happen if"
question in my head.  What happens when the "Start Live TV in Guide" option
is checked and a lock can't be obtained?  Do users using this option have an
easier time choosing a new station?