[mythtv-users] Scheduler interrupts playback

Kane Tse kane.tse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:27:10 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I get a short hesitation also which corresponds to start/end of recordings
> Q6600 2GB RAM, OS and DB on separate drive Ubuntu 11.04; 0.24.2-fixes
> all drives with ext4; fstab follows

I have seen hesitations like this as well, however, I usually soft-pad
my recordings by 5 minutes, so I tend to see them around the 8:35,
9:05 etc. mark.  To me, this suggests it is occurring at the
conclusion end of a recording rather than the start of a new one.  I
have never thought to blame the scheduler, but rather a matter of disk
I/O.

I keep my MySQL db (ext4), recordings (xfs) and /home folders on 3
separate drives.  This is on an AMD Athon X2 5000 with 4GB RAM.

Is anyone affected using VDPAU?  I do.