[mythtv-users] Scheduler interrupts playback

Bob K Mertz lists at bibleboy.org
Tue Feb 28 21:31:31 UTC 2012

On 2/28/12 4:27 PM, Kane Tse wrote:
> I have seen hesitations like this as well, however, I usually soft-pad
> my recordings by 5 minutes, so I tend to see them around the 8:35,
> 9:05 etc. mark.  To me, this suggests it is occurring at the
> conclusion end of a recording rather than the start of a new one.  I
> have never thought to blame the scheduler, but rather a matter of disk
> I/O.

My hesitations don't occur in relation to scheduled recordings in my
scenario.  The majority of the time only one live tv stream is active
and no recordings are going on for the whole day.  FWIW this has
happened to me with a PVR-150 as well as with HD HomeRun Prime.

> Is anyone affected using VDPAU?  I do.

I am not using VDPAU.  I wouldn't think that would make much of a
difference since, from what I can tell, this is more of a backend issue.