[mythtv-users] Harmony 700 with Hauppauge IR receiver on FC16

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 04:29:26 UTC 2012

> My question is, what is the best way to make my Harmony 700 work with my IR
> receiver now that I am on FC16?  Are there other options besides
> ir-kbd-i2c?  If this is the best option, I would like to know if there is a
> tutorial I can follow to get this set up properly.  Not sure how this new
> driver differs from the old, and whether it need lirc, or how I set up the
> key mappings.

Well you could ditch lirc if all your remote keys are detected as
XWindow events.

There's a programme called xev that will tell you.

Run it from a command window and it creates a graphical window as a target.

Arrange the two windows so that you can see the command window and so
the graphical target window has the focus.

Press the keys on your remote and see if all (or most) of them
generate an event.

If they do then you can use xmodmap to map the missing keys to
something usefull.