[mythtv-users] MythTV updates, back out plan, lvm snapshots

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Feb 26 15:55:11 UTC 2012

On 12-02-26 10:33 AM, Brent Bolin wrote:

> I gave up years ago doing it the hard way.

It's not the hard way, it's the resilient way.  Something running away
in /var should not fill up your root filesystem.

> It can't merge an open lvm

Right.

> so it does it on the reboot.

Right.  A reboot you'd need to also do to boot on the snapshot as I
prescribe.

> It finishes
> the convert after the reboot in a couple of minutes.

A couple of minutes less than a snapshot reboot takes.

It all really just comes down to personal preference.

Cheers,
b.