[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Thu Feb 23 23:58:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Neil Cooper <neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> The problem with relying only on metadata is
> 1) Its a pain in the ass to edit metadata.

Really? I've never tried under Linux, but I've certainly never had any
issues with Windows - in particular, MediaMonkey has a handy Tag From
Filename tool.

I really fail to see the issue here - if you give your music sensible
metadata as you rip it, it's there....if you buy from legal sources,
it's there...not sure where you've got all this untagged music from?

> 2) Assuming you list music by artist, album then track, which is generally the most logical form for most people, using metadata only can't even slightly cope with the odd compilation album sensibly.

See above post re: Artist vs Album Artist. Solves that problem just fine.

- Chris