[mythtv-users] Reliable channel changes on Dish network VIP 211k

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Tue Feb 21 22:04:59 UTC 2012

On 2/21/2012 4:28 PM, Michael wrote:
> In my testing I have been just cycling between 4-5 of the most popular
> channels we use from the satellite and within a few cycles one channel
> will fail. It does seem like it is often many seconds before the
> channel actually changes. This is well after the channel change script
> has completed. I am assuming that is due to the buffering to disk
> before display.

When it fails what exactly does it do? Revert back the prev channel? go
to a nearby channel? drop

You are watching the TV >> Sat box during testing right? Also you should
be able to see the emitter flashing.

Put batteries in your remotes and see if they are reliable...

  Jim Morton