[mythtv-users] Reliable channel changes on Dish network VIP 211k

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Tue Feb 21 20:39:11 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have been trying to get my Dish network vip 211k receivers working
well under mythtv for a while and I have not been very successful.

I have two receivers connected using HDPVRs.  For the lirc blaster, I am
using the commandir III.  Each receiver is programmed to a different
remote code (1 and 3).

I am using the channel change script and lircd.conf file from

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/DISHNetworkLIRCConfiguration

The problem is that roughly 1 out of every 5 channel changes doesn't
select the right channel.  Either the channel doesn't change or it goes
to the wrong channel

I have tried changing the sleep time value, adding various sleeps, etc
with almost not impact to whether I get the right channels.

I am really not sure what else to try so I am hoping someone out there
has some suggestions of things to try.  I am more than happy to provide
any logs or other data to help resolve the issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Michael