[mythtv-users] to Beirdo re ticket #10336

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 19:07:50 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Yianni Vidalis
<yiannividalis at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to report that I'm up and running again by removing the two folders
> /usr/include/GLES
> /usr/include/GLES2
> They were part of Mesa-devel and were causing all this mixup. I know it's not a proper fix, but mythtv compiles and runs ok (I've not tried the mythplugins, yet, but I'm optimistic).
> So, if any other OpenSuSE 12.1 or Archlinux user has the same problem with opengl and Head, they can try this way.

So it was the header files rather than the library, interesting. I
suspect the Archlinux user had the libgles package installed (we break
mesa into multiple packages), which was pulled in by kdebase-workspace
(I don't know why libgles is a dependency for it).