[mythtv-users] Problems Playing Files in Master

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 16:48:57 UTC 2012

On 02/20/2012 07:25 PM, Bruce Taber wrote:
> Any further hints on what to collect (debug flags) that might help to
> figure out what has changed to cause the problem would be appreciated.

Not much help, but I'm running on the same commit as you. Playback
of all recordings works fine over IPv4 or IPv6.

What I don't have is a slave backend, recordings are on the MBE (no

You didn't mention if 'Master backend override' is set in mythtv-setup
General. Its an easy change - worth toggling to see if things change.

Storage Groups. I only use the default, so perhaps another difference.

I'd start with: -v playback,file and maybe add: --loglevel debug and
put those on the master, slave and frontend.

If you're building from source, get the last known working commit from
the "version:" line in mythbackend*.log and then:

   git log --patch-with-stat f00f00f..HEAD | less

and you can use less to search thourgh the results.